Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Quote of the day/Quick review

Today's funny emotive quote comes from La Dispute off the album Somewhere At The Bottom Of The River Between Vega And Altair. Might I just say this a great record that I have been enjoying a great deal. It gets a bit close to metal at times, but it doesn't bother me. The vocal style is pretty unique (think Me With Out You), but rocking way harder. The lyrics are over all pretty good. They are filled with a bit more hope then the stuff I tend to go for, but I enjoy them.

However let's focus on what brings us here today. There is one part in the album on the song Sad Prayers For Guilty Bodies
"Now, I am thinking of the past and how we both said vows and lied and
I am wondering how we trust ourselves to say a second time:
To have and to hold,
From this day and onward,
For better and for worse,
For richer and for poorer,
In sickness or in health,
To love and to cherish
Till death do us part? "

I mean that is comedy. Imagine that screamed in a very serious manner. It was great. Check out the album. It truly is a great listen. Really tech instrumentation throughout the whole record with lots of great tempo and time shifts.

No comments: